The Street Outreach Team is focused on reaching the most vulnerable homeless individuals living on the streets of our community to connect them with permanent supportive housing, healthcare, disability income, and other transformative services. The hallmark of the team is that they meet people where they sleep: on the street, under bridges, and in the woods. In 2018, the team successfully housed 66 of our most vulnerable homeless neighbors.
The team identifies individuals for services through a variety of means, including street outreach, referrals from partners within law enforcement and local hospitals, as well as community referrals.
Do you know of a homeless camp or someone in need of the outreach team services?
What we do:
- Connect to resources (from ID to Housing, depending on situation)
- Provide some basic needs (toiletries, blankets, etc.)
- Build relationships and listen
- Meet people where they are
What we don’t do:
- Guarantee housing
- Force people to work with us
- Move/Breakdown Camps
- Provide immediate response
- Provide a taxi service