Outreach & Engagement
The Outreach & Engagement Team is focused on reaching the most vulnerable homeless individuals living on the streets of our community to connect them with permanent supportive housing, healthcare, disability income, and other transformative services. The hallmark of the team is that they meet people where they sleep: on the street, under bridges, and in the woods. In 2014, the team successfully housed 35 of our most vulnerable homeless neighbors.
The team identifies individuals for services through a variety of means, including street outreach, referrals from partners within law enforcement and local hospitals, as well as community referrals.
Do you know of a homeless camp or someone in need of the outreach team services? Send in a referral for services here.
What We Do:
- Connect to resources (from ID to Housing, depending on situation)
- Provide some basic needs (toiletries, blankets, etc.)
- Build relationships and listen
- Meet people where they are
What We Don’t Do:
- Guarantee housing
- Force people to work with us
- Move/Breakdown Camps
- Provide immediate response
- Provide a taxi service
For more information about the work of the Outreach and Engagement team, please contact Allison Winston.
Please consider a donation from the Outreach and Engagement Wish List. Contributions will be delivered to people awaiting housing as well as to the newly housed. Thank you.
1. Welcome Home Kits for newly housed people – details here: Welcome Home Kit Instructions and Checklist
3. Blankets (when weather is cold)
4. Canned food, protein bars, slim jims
5. Socks, underwear, T-shirts
6. Gifts cards for grocery stores